7th Burgess Hill take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact our at email@example.com who is the Group’s designated data protection lead.
1. The information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with 7thburgesshillscouts.org.uk, we ask for your name, email address, address and postcode.
3. Sharing of data
We do not share any collected data outside of the 7th Burgess Hill Leaders and Executive, The Scout Association eg Scout Shops Ltd.
4. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
5. Further information
7thburgesshillscouts.org.uk will as part of it’s normal operation send out to information emails. Members can decide to ask for these emails as they register or chose to be removed from such notifications at any time.
6. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally and has multi-factor signon. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
– to keep their password secret
– to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
– to log off from the www.scouts.org.uk or OnlineScoutManager.co.uk service when not using it; and
– to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.scouts.org.uk or OnlineScoutManager.co.uk Service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to that service
– to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
8. Waiting List and Register of Interest
Those that register additional information via our Join Us page do so in order to request their Young Person (YP) to be added to our Waiting List or Register of Interest. We only ask for enough data to accurately consider the YP’s position on the Waiting List or Register of Interest. If the YP subsequently decides not to join our Group, their registration details are deleted. If the YP is offered a place (and accepts it) in either Beavers, Cubs or Scouts, this information is moved out of the Waiting List and in to that section until such time as they are no longer in that section. This information is never shared with any 3rd party unless it is critical to do so for the safety of the YP concerned.
9. Right to remove
7thburgesshillscouts.org.uk will remove any personal data, including that as stated in point 2 and 8 above, on request via firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Periodic Audit