Burgess Hill Bonfire Procession and Fireworks Event – Saturday 23rd September 2017
This year we are actively involved in the parade and we would like to gauge interest in who might want to join in.
UPDATE: 12th September
As previously suggested, I can now officially confirm that 7th Burgess Hill (St Andrews) Scout Group have been invited to take part in the Burgess Hill bonfire procession on Saturday 23rd September 2017.
There will be judges along route as the Burgess Hill Bonfire Society (BHBS) run competitions during the procession one being best walking group, so please feel free to come in fancy dress. The winner will be announced on the approach to Fairfield Rec.
We will all gather in Cyprus Road Car Park at about 7pm ready for 7.30 kick off. Parking is still available in the car park but I suggest if this needed you need to arrive in plenty of time as we expect it to be very busy indeed.
IMPORTANT HEALTH & SAFETY DETAILS
· Unfortunately, no one under the age of 16 may carry a torch.
· We ask that you walk no more than 3 abreast making sure that there is a walk way between each person. This allows marshals to move freely up and down the procession.
· Please keep moving forward so no large gap forms between your group and the group in front.
· Burnt out torches need to be placed at the side of the road if possible.
· Do not throw torches.
· In the case of an emergency, instructions will be given via the MC and or marshals. Please follow them.
· If you have any issues during the procession please let one of our marshals know and it will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
· The BHBS band/walking group Captain will position in the procession and will give you further instruction if necessary
BHBS thank in advance for following these guide lines.
Here is their official website link – http://www.burgesshillbonfiresociety.co.uk/